World Day Of Remembrance
• Muskaan NGO started observing UN World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims from 2016.
• On 26 October 2005, the United Nations endorsed that this day be observed on every third Sunday of November, making it a major advocacy day for road traffic injury prevention. It is being observed in more than 100 countries of the world every year.
• Observance of this day by Muskaan facilitates bringing together various stakeholders to put their hearts and minds to think of ways to stop the menace of road accidents which take away precious lives.
• Muskaan has been organizing this day for four years now involving more than 50 educational institutions, social and cultural organisations every year. The event focuses on a strong audience of 1500 to give the message of road safety, saving life and positive action. All this is done through cultural mediums likes music, dance and theatre. The most important part of the event is an interview of an accident victim who has done something important to bring about a change in a concrete way.
• Through this day we address not only the need to have Safety on Roads but also save life and positive action through a victim story live.
• To create awareness about positive initiatives like Good Samaritan Law, Organ donation and Blood Donation.
• Show the human side of road accidents and sensitize people. • To involve maximum youths in school college and universities as audience and as participants.
• Music Workshop with eminent artist and school teachers.
• Two rehearsals with about 500 children from about 50 schools and their teachers.
• Choir singing with more than 500 Students on the finale.
• A skit /dance Drama by students / Professional theatre artists.
• Interviews with road accident victim / families who have chosen to do something positive and brave like organ donation or a continued legal battle.